CAR HITS BICYCLES - BIKE SPROCKETS - FELT WOMENS BIKE
Car Hits Bicycles
- (hit) (baseball) a successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball); "he came all the way around on Williams' hit"
- Accidentally strike (part of one's body) against something, often causing injury
- Bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully
- hit against; come into sudden contact with; "The car hit a tree"; "He struck the table with his elbow"
- (hit) cause to move by striking; "hit a ball"
- (of a moving object or body) Come into contact with (someone or something stationary) quickly and forcefully
- A road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people
- a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad; "three cars had jumped the rails"
- a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
- the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
- A railroad car of a specified kind
- A vehicle that runs on rails, esp. a railroad car
The Long Run: A New York City Firefighter's Triumphant Comeback from Crash Victim to Elite Athlete
New York City firefighter’s emotional and inspiring memoir of learning to run again after a debilitating accident, based on the wildly popular March 2009 piece in Runner’s World.
On the morning of December 22, 2005, Matt Long was cycling to work in the early morning when he was struck by and sucked under a 20-ton bus making an illegal turn. The injuries he sustained pushed him within inches of his life. Miraculously, more than 40 operations and months later, Matt was able to start his recovery. In spite of the severity of his injuries, Matt found the psychological consequences of the accident nearly as hard to process. He would no longer be able to compete at the highest level.
In the 18 months before the accident, he had competed in more than 20 events including several tri
athlons and marathons and had qualified for running’s most prestigious race, the Boston Marathon. After the accident, his doctor told him he’d be lucky if he could even walk without a cane.
The Long Run is an emotional and incredibly honest story about Matt’s determination to fight through fear, despair, loneliness, and intense physical and psychological pain to regain the life he once had. The book chronicles Matt’s road to recovery as he teaches himself to walk again and, a mere three years later, to run in the 2008 New York City Marathon—a gimpy seven-and-a-half hour journey through the five boroughs. “Running saved my life,” Matt says, and his embrace of the running community and insistence on competing in the marathon has inspired many, turning him into a symbol of hope and recovery for untold numbers of others.
wet bent bicycle paint
Last month a car hit my bike while it was locked to a street-level rack in downtown Mountian View. No one left a note. I'd call it a rack & run. The damage was so bad I ended up donating my bent frame to sf's pedal revolution for their training classes. Just a reminder to folks to be safe where you lock your bikes
near anything that appears close to traffic and to encourage better urban planning for bikes
everywhere in the bay area. Also, when a car hits
a bike like this and you see it happening, report it!
Bicycle Accident Lund's in Northeast
This cyclist was hit by a car coming onto the street from an alley next to Lund's in Northeast Minneapolis.
Related topics: kenda bike tyres trek bike decal lock n roll bicycle specialized bike racks green fixed gear bike mountain bike specialized bicycle touring shorts trek cruiser bikes
- (火) 06:15:30|
- Category: None